Wednesday 4 April 2012

Runescape

My Opinion:


I don't know about you guys but I have always had a negative stigma towards this game, and until recently I actually played it and now I have some more valid opinions.

My friend has an addiction to Runescape and for the last year has been talking about it almost non-stop and I just rolled my eyes. That was until last week, I decided to play it, even just to take the piss. But I noted that most of my assumptions of the game were wrong.


An Average Gamers Perspective on Runescape:

- The community isn't that bad, although there are a lot of younglin's "hu sp33k lik3 dis" you can have intelligent conversation with some.

- This game does involve grinding, and LOTS of it at that. So obviously this is the main drawback for most people. The grinding does result in leveling up, which is very satisfying.

- It's not optimized very well as it runs in Java, so despite it's sub-par graphics compared to todays standards lag is to be expected.



So in my opinion, lots of ups and downs but all it amounts to is your opinion of the game. What is true is that it's not as bad as a lot of people say it is. I would recommend it to at least try it out. Just remember, don't critique this game if you are having fun. Because that's all that games amount to really, but if you're not having fun, don't bother.

http://runescape.com/

If you have any comments, don't be afraid to leave them.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I disagree with anything here. I used to play this game for a long time (thank god no more) and, looking back, I really shouldn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played for such a long time, and the grinding really takes some persistence, but I do agree, it is rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I'm quite shocked that Runescape is still up and running! Good for the developers.
    I actually went back to it to see how much had changed from 'back in my day' and as it turns out, a lot has changed. So, there was not exactly much questing going on. Just a lot of faffing about.

    ReplyDelete